Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Not in Love with Lanvin

Those of you who read my blog regularly know that I LOVE fashion (which makes living in the Haute Couture capital of the world very exciting). However, there are some fashion houses here that I just don't get and Lanvin is one of them. The Lanvin boutique is located on the corner of Rue du Faubourg St. Honore and Rue Boissy d'Anglas (right on my way to the American Embassy). From the day I made my very first trip there, I stopped in front of the Lanvin boutique to stare at the heinous garments on display. At the time I remember thinking to myself that they were the wierdest, most unflattering looking clothes I had ever seen. Five years later, my opinion hasn't changed much. This makes me wonder why so many celebrities are in LOVE with Lanvin. What one person considers 'fashionable' is subjective, so I guess we can agree to disagree about how their clothes LOOK but one thing Lanvin fans can't disagree with me on is the QUALITY (or LACK thereof) of the clothes. To put it bluntly, they look like they've been sewn by a bunch of junior high schoolers in a Home Economics class. Just check out the pictures included in this post.
From a distance this shapeless, beige frock just looks, well, shapeless. But a close up of the same dress reveals exposed, rough seams and puckering fabric proving once again that, as far as celebrities are concerned, if its really, really expensive, it MUST be good.

1 comment:

  1. レイバン サングラスは『探偵物語』の松田優作にも愛用するのです。昔、日本人が知ったレイバン wayfarerのイメージが映画、音楽や政治の舞台に登場した有名人からとも言えるでしょう。しかし今、ネット通販で多くのレイバン RB2140のモデルが日本人に知られています。

    ReplyDelete